Come join us this Friday, May 4th, at the Denver Press Club’s annual chili cook off! We’ll be submitting our very own Electric Lime Chicken Green Chili into the competition, and sampling and selling hot sauces.
The Denver Press Club is the nation’s oldest press club–they’ve been around since 1867! This long standing nonprofit organization works hard to promote and strengthen the field of journalism by hosting fun events like the chili cook-off each year as fundraisers. This year the cook off will feature a Star Wars theme, May the 4th be with you! It will take place at their headquarters in downtown Denver, at 1330 Glenarm Place at 6pm. So, whether you love tasty chili, Star Wars, or Merfs, this event won’t disappoint.
Come on down, try out our chili, and refill your Merfs’ collection while you’re at it! If you’re not able to make it for the event and need a bowl of Merfs’ Electric Lime Chicken Green Chili, check out the recipe below.
Makes a 5 qt crock pot of chili
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 8 oz. chicken broth
- 8 oz. of yellow corn
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 Anaheim pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 8 oz. can of green enchilada sauce
- 8 oz. can diced green chilis
- 1 can northern white beans
- 1 can white kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 8 oz. cream cheese (full fat, room temp)
- 1.5 bottles of Merfs Electric Lime hot sauce (more if you want to kick up the spice level)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Garlic powder
- Chipotle chili pepper
*Avocado, lime, jalapeno, cheese, cilantro to garnish
- Season the chicken generously with salt, pepper, garlic, and chipotle. Place on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Dice the onion, peppers, and garlic (I like to give them a quick roast in the broiler to enhance the flavor, but if you’re short on time it’s not necessary)
- Add all ingredients, except the cream cheese
- Cook on low for 5 hours
- Remove and shred chicken, add back to crockpot
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes and add to crockpot
- Cook on low for an additional hour, stirring occasionally
- Top with avocado, shredded cheese, cilantro, and lime.